Parody Verse contest wraps up
A little over a week ago, David Mac emailed me an idea for a parody verse contest. I replied that I didn’t think more than about five unique commenters would enter, and I preferred to do contests where a broader participation was expected. The contest was here.
I will confess that I was hoping to be proven wrong. Though I ended up right, we certainly had some fun along the way!
- LeviSJ to the tune of “What We Needed”
- Clarence Grigsby to the tune of “I’m Building a Bridge”
- Clarence Grigsby to the tune of “Blood Washed Band”
- Brian to the tune of “Give the World a Smile” (addendum by TGF – The Garms Family)
- YankeeGospelGirl to the tune of “Let’s Talk About Jesus…Amen”
- Josh to the tune of “Wedding Music” (addendum by David Mac)
- quartet-man to the tune of “Excuses”
- TGF to the tune of “Wedding Music”
- TGF to the tune of “Oh, my Lord, What a Time”
- TGF to the tune of “I Don’t Want to Live No More Without Jesus”
- David Mac to the tune of “Trying to Get a Glimpse”
So we ended up with eight unique contestants and eleven unique entries (counting collaborations as one entry). Since we didn’t have 20 contestants, there’s no need for formal voting. So, let’s just indicate in the comments below—which was your favorite?