SGMA announces 2011 Hall of Fame Inductees
The Southern Gospel Music Association announced their Class of 2011 Hall of Fame Inductees yesterday. They are:
- Doris Akers (deceased) – songwriter
- Doyle Blackwood (deceased) – founding member of the Blackwood Brothers
- Roy Carter (deceased) – Chuck Wagon Gang
- Opal “Bobo” Lester (deceased) – The Lesters
- Bob Brumley – son of Albert E. Brumley; concert promoter and music publisher
- Kenny Gates – Blue Ridge Quartet
- Willie Wynn – Oak Ridge Quartet
- Jerry Kirksey – long-time editor of Singing News
Earlier reports that George Amon Webster would be inducted were erroneous.
The induction ceremony will be held September 28 at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.