Saturday News Roundup #71 (UPDATE, 10:48 PM)
- Former Hoppers/Childress Family pianist Shannon Childress’ condition is steady but critical.
- Carolyn Reese, wife of long-time Kingsmen bass singer Ray Dean Reese, is hospitalized due to pneumonia-induced breathing difficulties. (UPDATE, 10:48 PM: Via the Kingsmen Facebook page, Carolyn now “has a very serious bacterial staph infection throughout her body along with bacterial pneumonia” and is in a critical care unit.”
Other news items:
- The Dixie Melody Boys are in the studio, working on a 50th Anniversary Album, The Call is Still the Same. This will be their first recording with Song Garden Music Group. There will be guest appearances from DMB alumni McCray Dove, Ernie Haase, Harold Reed, Devin McGlamery, and Rodney Griffin, and guest appearances from Jason Crabb and Ben Speer.
- The Dixie Melody Boys will appear at an NQC showcase, making a 50th Anniversary Appearance at the Singing News Straw Poll showcase.
- Ron Blackwood, R.W.’s son, and former member/manager of the Blackwood Quartet, is going to be the tour manager for CCM recording artist Carman.
- Pathway Records, Mansion Entertainment’s development / custom division, is launching a talent contest in conjunction with AbsolutelyGospel. More information is available here. (EDIT 8/6/11: Broken link removed).
As always, consider the comments section an open thread!