Concert Review: Talley Trio (Shelby, OH)
On May 22, 2011, Daniel’s siblings traveled to the First Lutheran Church of the city of Shelby, Ohio, for a Talley Trio Concert. Following is a brief summary of the concert:
- Mr. Talley and Promoter Paul Martin began by making several announcements at the beginning of the concert.
- “Good Things”- Featuring Lauren and Mrs. Talley. Microphone stands were removed during the second verse.
- “Hands of Grace”- Featuring Mr. Talley.
- “Amazing Grace”- Featuring Mrs. Talley. Extended applause included Lauren. The audience sang a last verse encore- some standing.
- “He Keeps Me Singing”- Mr.Talley’s piano solo.
- Extended talking break- Included mention of Lauren’s upcoming wedding.
- “The Promise”- Featuring Lauren. After singing she stated that it was “always good to be in Shelby, with the rowdiest bunch of Lutherans” she knows.
- “Broken Ones” merged with “Orphans of God”- Featuring Lauren. This song was followed by a comment about the world ending yesterday, and the verse which states that no man knows the day or the hour.
- “My Hope Is in the Lord”- Featuring Mr.Talley.
- “Mountain Mover”- Featuring Lauren.
- More talking- including updates on Mr. Talley’s Parents.
- “Applause”- Featuring Mrs. Talley. Soundtrack included applause. there was a partial standing ovation.
- Love offering- during offering the Talleys sang “That’s Enough” with a soundtrack version of Jake Hess.
- “I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say”- Featuring Mrs. Talley.
- “He’s Alive”- Featuring Lauren. There was a reprise and a partial standing ovation.
- More Talking- Lauren mentioned she was “sure there were other things you could be doing in Shelby tonight, though I’m not sure what!”
- “If He Carried the Weight of the World on His Shoulders”- Featuring Lauren.
- Prayer / Altar Call (that does not include calling one to the altar).
- “O How I Love Jesus”- sung by audience.
- The most interesting comment of the night: Mr. Talley made a comment about us and Daniel, and told us not to tell Daniel. For more information contact a member of the Talleys.
- “Testify”- Featuring Lauren. There was a prolonged standing ovation.
One of Daniel’s Siblings is also a photographer, and offered photos from the concert: