Saturday News Roundup #85
- The Diplomats have signed a record deal with Song Garden Music Group. Their debut label project will release this fall.
- Singing News staffer Rick Francis has been released from the hospital, after suffering a stroke earlier this week. While he is fighting numbness, thankfully, his speech, eyesight, and motor skills were not affected.
- Last year, Isaacs alumni John R. Bowman (Becky’s husband) and Adam Steffey formed a bluegrass group, The Boxcars, with three other musicians. Earlier this week, they were nominated for nine awards in the final ballot of the IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) Awards. This was more than any other group, including the two best-known in Southern Gospel circles, Dailey & Vincent and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver (who got three each).
- Several other news items were covered in a Thursday news roundup.
- Don’t miss Friday Night Revival’s take on personnel change.
Apropos of this week’s news that original Dove Brothers bass singer Burman Porter is returning, here’s a reminder of how perfect a match his voice is for the group:
The Ball Brothers posted an official music video yesterday for their song “It’s About the Cross.”
It’s open thread Saturday. You decide!