Creative Ways to Get to NQC: Part One
First “Creative Way to Get to NQC”:
Length of Trip: 383 hours at 2 miles per hour – an estimated nonstop walk of 15 days
Caleb Garms (age 8 ) selected a wheelbarrow to be his means of transportation for the trip of 766 miles from Braham, Minnesota to Louisville, Kentucky.
Caleb’s packing list:
- a couple books;
- extra clothes (like my suit);
- four pairs of shoes;
- some money to buy CDs and just to get there, like for gas;
- some pictures of my family;
- and some magazines like the Singing News.
Caleb’s food for the trip:
- beef sandwiches;
- and apples.
The people Caleb is most looking forward to seeing:
- The Mark Trammell Quartet
- The Booth Brothers
- Legacy Five
- The Ball Brothers
- Triumphant Quartet
- The Blackwood Brothers Quartet
Caleb’s message to all 2011 NQC attendees:
“If you see me, you’ll know I made it. If you don’t see me, you don’t want to know what happened.”