Creative Ways to Get to NQC: Part Two
Second “Creative Way to Get to NQC”:
LAWN TRACTOR AND TRAILER
Length of Trip: 85 hours at 9 miles per hour – an estimated nonstop drive of 3.5 days
Dad and Mom Garms chose the family’s lawn tractor and trailer to be their means of transportation for the trip of 766 miles from Braham, Minnesota to Louisville, Kentucky.
Dad and Mom’s packing list:
- a suitcase full of shoes for Mom;
- a suitcase full of hats for Dad;
- Good Sam Roadside Assistance Membership card;
- a road map;
- “Deep Woods Off” bug spray;
- two toothbrushes and one tube of toothpaste;
- 14 gallons of water (one a day for each Dad and Mom; the rest to barter with Caleb for gas);
Dad and Mom’s food for the trip:
- plain M&Ms for Dad;
- peanut M&Ms for Mom;
- trail mix;
- and carrots.
The people Dad and Mom are most looking forward to seeing:
- The kids, if they make it.
- All the Cathedral Quartet alumni and their groups.
Dad and Mom’s message to all 2011 NQC attendees:
“If we don’t make it, we either took a wrong turn, got stuck behind an Amish buggy, or were waylaid mowing lawns to fund our trip (i.e. buying gas from Caleb).”