Saturday News Roundup #89
- Charles Burke’s funeral was on Tuesday; details about the arrangements are here.
- Naomi Sego recently had gallbladder surgery, coming through it well; tenor Jerry Gill had back surgery days later. Both were expected to be back on the road this weekend.
- Original Cathedrals tenor Dr. Bobby Clark will be launching a series teaching from the King James Bible. He will be streaming the video from his website each Thursday.
- Homeland has re-signed Josh Garner and John Rulapaugh’s Freedom fo a new recording contract. They have moved up from the Riversong label to the main Homeland label.
- (EDIT, 1:21 PM) Via a press release: Fox is featuring the National Quartet Convention on their 1:00 P.M. Eastern broadcast. I did not hear until this was under way (or perhaps over), so I’m not going to make a separate post. But if you saw it, let us know how it went in the comments!
This site’s youngest contributor, Caleb Garms, pulls a prank on Scott Fowler. I must confess, with a twinkle in my eye, that it was at my instigation!
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!