Concert Review: Dixie Melody Boys Concert
Text, photos, and videos all by Daniel’s siblings.
On October 9th, the Dixie Melody Boys Quartet did an afternoon concert at Temple Baptist Church in Green, Ohio. Temple Baptist’s resident vocal groups, the Rogers Sisters and the Calvary Singers, opened and sang at the intermission.
From our seats, the audio was not clear, so the DMB song list is to the best of our detection ability:
- Your First Day in Heaven
- Roll On Jordan
- Royal Telephone
- Turn Your Radio On
- We Gotta Get the Good News Out, featuring baritone Steve Cooper
- Bottom of the Basket, written and sung by lead Donald Morris
- Oh What a Savior, featuring tenor Matt Felts
- I’ve Got Family There, featuring bass Ed O’Neal
- There’s Joy in Serving Jesus
- God Will Hear Your Prayer
- His Blood Alone
- I’m Getting Ready
After the intermission and product pitch:
- Goodbye World Goodbye
- When I Cross to the Other Side of Jordan
- The Longer I Serve Him
- That’s What Jesus Means to Me
- The Call is Still the Same
We enjoyed getting to hear and see the members of the DMB again, as well as getting to meet Mrs. O’Neal, who has been traveling with the group since Mr. O’Neal’s fall and broken leg. Mr. O’Neal seems to be doing fairly well and is now getting around without a cane.
Here are some photos and a video greeting from Mr. Felts.