Saturday News Roundup #106
- Brian Free & Assurance: Brian Free was concerned that he had heart problems; testing revealed that his heart is in good shape, and that it’s more likely to be either blood pressure or acid reflux related. [EDIT, 6/18/12: Broken link removed.] (Notably, the Facebook post making that announcement accumulated 720 likes, which must be something approaching a record for Southern Gospel groups on Facebook.)
- Collingsworth Family: The Collingsworth Family announced that they will release two albums this year, an acapella hymns album and a Christmas project. They are accepting song suggestions here.
- Gaither Vocal Band: The Gaither Vocal Band is in the studio working on a new project. It will have a bluegrass feel, and include acoustic versions of “Rumor Mill” and “The Love of God.”
- Andrew S. offers a textbook example of how to cover a concert that got a lukewarm response.
- SGConcerts’ Diana Brantley opens her video archives. [EDIT, 3/16/13: Broken link removed.]
Recently, multiple users (including the group themselves) have posted footage of Eric Phillips with the Mark Trammell Quartet. There are too many good clips to post just one, so here’s a list:
- Glory Road (encore)
- Wedding Music
- How Big is God
- Glory Road (another version)
- Calvary Medley
- The Love of God
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!