Songs from Judges
This is the seventh entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Judges can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Chapter 1: Nations Israel failed to conquer
- Chapter 2: Death of Joshua
- Chapter 3: Othniel, Ehud
- Chapters 4-5: Deborah and Barak
- Chapters 6-8: Gideon
- Chapter 7: Against the Odds (The Mullins)
- Chapter 7: Broken Things (The McKameys)
- Chapter 9: Abimelech
- Chapter 10: Tola, Jair
- Chapter 11: Jepthah
- Chapter 12: minor judges
- Chapters 13-16: Samson
- Chapters 13-16: Samson (Statesmen, Palmetto State Quartet)
- Chapters 13-16: One More Time (Gold City)
- Chapters 13-16: Miracles Will Happen on that Day (Dixie Echoes)
- Chapters 13-16: Restore Me One More Time (The Galloways)
- Chapters 17-18: Idolatry
- Chapters 19-21: War between Israel and Benjamin
What others come to mind?