Songs from Ezra
This is the fifteenth entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Ezra can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes? (I’ve added chapter summaries.)
- Chapter 1: Israelites return to rebuild temple
- Chapter 2: Census; gifts given
- Chapter 3: Israel starts to keep the feasts, and lays foundation for Temple
- Chapter 4: Opposition; work ceases
- Chapter 5: Rebuilding resumes under Zerubbabel
- Chapter 6: Temple completed
- Chapter 7: Preparations for Temple worship
- Chapter 8: Census; finding Levites; return to Jerusalem
- Chapter 9: Dealing with mixed marriages; Ezra’s lamentation
- Chapter 10: Separation of the people
I can’t think of any. Can you?