Songs from Ecclesiastes
This is the twenty-first entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Ecclesiastes can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Chapter 3:1-8: He is With You (Talley Trio)
- Chapter 3:1-8: The Bible Told Me So (Statesmen)
- Chapter 3:2: (There’s a Time to Reap and a Time to Sow) The Bible Told Me So (Statesmen)
- Chapter 5:8: Champion of Love (Cathedrals)
- Chapter 11:1: Bread Upon the Water (Booth Brothers, Dixie Echoes, Gaither Vocal Band, Gaither Homecoming Friends, song by Bill & Janny Grein)
- Chapter 11:1: Cast Your Bread Upon the Water (Gold City, Greenes, song by Joel Hemphill)
- Chapter 11:1: I Cast My Bread Upon the Water (Cumberland Quartet, third song)
- Chapter 12:6: Saved By Grace (The Couriers, song by Fanny Crosby and George C. Stebbins)
What others come to mind?