Songs from Song of Solomon
This is the twenty-second entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Song of Solomon can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Chapter 2:1: The Broken Rose (Squire Parsons) (allusion)
- Chapter 2:1: The Rose (Inspirations)
- Chapter 2:1: Lily of the Valley (Anthony Burger, Beene Family, Bishops, Chuck Wagon Gang, Collingsworth Family, Darrell Stewart, Dixie Echoes, Gaither Homecoming Series, Greater Vision, Imperials, Kingdom Heirs Band, Kingsmen, Soul’d Out)
- Chapter 2:1: Daystar (Gaither Vocal Band)
- Chapter 2:2: Altogether Lovely (McKameys)
- Chapter 2:10: Come Away, My Beloved (Allison Durham Speer)
- Chapter 2:10: Come Away, My Love (Bill Gaither Trio)
- Chapter 2:10: Come Away, My Love (Ivan Parker)
- Chapter 2:13: Arise, My Love (Greenes)
- Chapter 2:16: I Am His And He Is Mine (Cathedrals)
- Chapter 5:2: Lover and His Bride (Allison Durham Speer)
- Chapter 5:2: Hear the Voice of My Beloved (Cynthia Clawson, Gaither Homecoming Friends, Isaacs)
- Chapter 5:16: Altogether Lovely (McKameys)
- Chapter 6:3: I Am His And He Is Mine (Cathedrals)
What others come to mind?