Songs from Ezekiel
This is the twenty-sixth entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Ezekiel can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Ezekiel 1 (10?): Ezekiel Saw the Wheel (Gold City, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, Couriers)
- Ezekiel 34:26: There Shall Be Showers Of Blessing (Statesmen)
- Ezekiel 37: Dry Bones (Blue Ridge, Cathedrals, Couriers, Ernie Haase & Signature Sound)
- Ezekiel 37: Bones (Brian Free & Assurance)
- Ezekiel 37: Preach (Talley Trio)
- Ezekiel 37: Dry Bones (Austins Bridge)
- Ezekiel 37: The Boneyard (Gold City)
- Ezekiel 38:20: The Mountains Will Be Shaken (Down East Boys)
- Ezekiel 47:12: Tree of Life (Dixie Echoes) (allusion)
What others come to mind?