Songs from Jonah
This is the thirty-second entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Jonah can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Jonah: Send Me (LordSong)
- Jonah: Go Jonah (Cathedrals, Triumphant Quartet, Kingsboys)
- Jonah: Hey, Jonah (Triumphant)
- Jonah: Hey, Jonah (Jericho) (not sure if it’s a separate song)
- Jonah: Jonah (Imperials)
- Jonah: Jonah Go Down to Nineveh (Statesmen)
- Jonah: Ol’ Brother Jonah (Bill Gaither Trio)
- Jonah: Jonah, Job and Moses (Oak Ridge Boys)
- Jonah: One More Chance (Gold City)
- Jonah: God’s Grace is Sufficient (Greater Vision)
- Jonah: Ain’t Gonna Run (Jody Brown Indian Family)
- Jonah: If I Could Just Hold Out Till Tomorrow (Cathedrals)
What others come to mind?