Songs from Malachi
This is the thirty-ninth entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Malachi can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Malachi 3:2-3: The Refiner (Teddy Huffam and the Gems) (allusion)
- Malachi 3:10: The Windows of Heaven are Open (Gaither Homecoming Friends)
- Malachi 3:17: Jesus, Have Mercy On Me (Cathedrals)
- Malachi 4:2: Touch the Hem (Gold City)
- Malachi 4:5: Days of Elijah (LeFevre Quartet)
What others come to mind?