Songs from Galatians
This is the forty-eighth entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in Galatians can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- Galatians 2:20: Crucified with Christ (Booth Brothers)
- Galatians 3:11: Living by Faith (Couriers, Dixie Echoes, Gaither Homecoming Friends, Gospel Singing Jubilee, Greater Vision, Happy Goodmans, Kingsmen, Men of Music, Perrys, Prophets, Homeland Quartet) (see also Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17, and Hebrews 10:38)
- Galatians 4:5: Adopted Son (Brothers)
- Galatians 5:1: Free (Rambos) (allusion)
- Galatians 5:1: The Son Hath Made Me Free (McKameys, Chuck Wagon Gang)
- Galatians 5:1: He Set Me Free (Ball Brothers, Blackwood Brothers, Blue Ridge Quartet, Chuck Wagon Gang, Greater Vision, Happy Goodmans, Jake Hess, Kingsmen, Legacy Five, Men of Music, Rebels Quartet, Speer Family, Statesmen, Triumphant Quartet, Kim Collingsworth)
- Galatians 5:1: I’ve Been Set Free (Blue Ridge Quartet)
- Galatians 5:1: My Soul Has Been Set Free (Dove Brothers)
- Galatians 5:1: Song of a Soul (Hoppers)
- Galatians 5:22: The Fruits of the Spirit (Primitive Quartet)
- Galatians 6:2: You Don’t Have to Bear Your Burdens Alone (Jessica King)
- Galatians 6:7: You’re Gonna Reap What You Sow (Statesmen)
- Galatians 6:7: A Seed (McKameys)
- Galatians 6:8: Sow Mercy (Gaither Vocal Band)
- Galatians 6:9: Holy Shore (Perrys)
- Galatians 6:14: The Glory of Calvary’s Cross (Couriers)
- Galatians 6:14: I Will Glory in the Cross (Rambos, Lulu Roman, Gaither Homecoming Friends, High Road, Allison Durham Speer)
- Galatians 6:14: I’ll Glory in the Cross (Blackwood Brothers, Henry & Hazel Slaughter)
- Galatians 6:14: I Will Glory in the Cross (Bowling Family)
What others come to mind?