Songs from I Thessalonians
This is the fifty-second entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in I Thessalonians can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- I Thes. 4:13: Sorrow Not (Blackwood Brothers)
- I Thes. 4:15-17: However I Go (Mark Trammell Trio)
- I Thes. 4:16: I’m Gonna Leave Here Shoutin’ (Rambos)
- I Thes. 4:16: It’ll All Be Over But the Shoutin’ (Happy Goodmans)
- I Thes. 4:16: Some Morning I Shall Stand (McKameys)
- I Thes. 4:16: I Can Almost Hear the Trumpet (McKameys)
- I Thes. 4:16: When the Trumpet Sounds (Triumphant Quartet)
- I Thes. 4:16: Only the Sound of His Trumpet (Happy Goodmans)
- I Thes. 4:17: We Shall Be Caught Up (Cathedrals)
- I Thes. 4:17: Caught Up Together (Happy Goodmans)
- I Thes. 4:17: Caught Up (Kingsmen)
- I Thes. 4:17: One of These Mornings (Perrys)
- I Thes. 5:2: This Time (Mark Trammell Trio)
- I Thes. 5:16-18: One Of Those Days (McKameys)
- I Thes. 5:18: In Everything Give Him Thanks (Collingsworth Family)
- I Thes. 5:18: In Everything Give Thanks (Charlotte Ritchie, Jeff & Sheri Easter)
- I Thes. 5:18: In Everything Give Thanks (Lanny Wolfe Trio, Henry & Hazel Slaughter) (second song)
What others come to mind?