Songs from I Timothy
This is the fifty-fourth entry in a series on Songs from the Books of the Bible.
Southern Gospel songs focus on many of the highest themes known to mankind—songs of Salvation, the Cross, the Resurrection, and eternity. But critics claim that they focus on these themes to the exclusion of other Biblical themes which are appropriate and perhaps necessary to address in song.
For how many chapters in I Timothy can we find Southern Gospel songs addressing their themes?
- I Timothy 2:6: See Matthew 20:28
- I Timothy 2:8: Lift Up Your Hands (Nelons)
- I Timothy 6:12: Fight the Good Fight (Nelons)
- I Timothy 6:12: Fight the Good Fight (Lewis Family) (second song)
- I Timothy 6:12: Fight the Good Fight (Hoppers) (third song)
- I Timothy 6:12: Fight the Good Fight (Chuck Wagon Gang) (fourth song)
- I Timothy 6:12: Fight to the Finish (Kingsmen, Dills)
- I Timothy 6:12: Timothy’s Burden (Martins)
What others come to mind?