Saturday News Roundup #125
- NQC announced this week that footage from the 2012 show will be broadcast on TBN.
- The American Society of Gospel Music is announcing higher-quality broadcast capabilities and demonstrating them by offering a free Tribute Quartet streaming concert on Monday, June 25. [EDIT, 2/22/13: Broken link removed.]
- Gaither has posted the TV special featuring The Best of David Phelps for free online viewing here.
- The Ball Brothers are funding their next recording with a Kickstarter campaign. Ten days into the campaign, they’re already 2/3 of the way to their goal.
- The Huntington, WV Herald-Dispatch has a feature article on legendary Southern Gospel record collector Dean Adkins.
- Check out two reviews of projects I’ve yet to hear: Wes Burke on the new Nelons CD and Lynn’s Chronicles on Jubilee 3 [EDIT, 5/22/13: Broken Link Removed].
- This week, there was an interesting back and forth between Mark Altrogge and Tim Challies over the “Come, Thou Fount” lyric “Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it.”
- It has been quite the week for lyric discussion; Trevin Wax discusses the beloved lyric “just a sinner saved by grace.”
- Perhaps off-topic on first glance, but less so once applied: A Zambian pastor discusses why it’s important for Christians to be on time. (Hat tip, Scott Brown.)
Greater Vision recorded “He’ll Carry Me” on their 2005 Faces project. Here is the first time I’ve seen it with Chris Allman:
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!