Saturday News Roundup #130
- It’s now official: The Dove Brothers Quartet has announced a name change to The Dove Brothers Band.
- Wes Burke discusses the definitive version of “If That Isn’t Love.”
- There’s a new Southern Gospel blogger at http://southerngospelthoughts.wordpress.com/. On first glance, it may seem odd that every review he has posted has a 5/5 rating—but when you realize that it’s because he’s revisiting the greatest projects of the past, it makes more sense.
- David Bruce Murray has a worthwhile history lesson, on why we call 33 1/3 rpm records “albums.” [EDIT, 3/16/13: Broken link removed.]
- Off-topic but worth the read: Voddie Baucham’s essay Gay is not new Black. Baucham, a popular Christian speaker who is himself black, focuses on the case for marriage being between one man and one woman, but builds a fascinating historical, legal, and cultural case along the way.
Here’s a clip of the Mark Trammell Quartet interview that has been making the rounds. Among other things, they discuss their upcoming CD, due out next month:
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!