Where are the live bands?
Many of today’s top-tier Southern Gospel artists tour with just soundtracks, or just a piano player and soundtracks. But there are still groups carrying great live bands. Who are some of the Southern Gospel groups with at least three live musicians?
Four or more:
- Brotherhood Quartet
- Dove Brothers
- Ernie Haase & Signature Sound
- Gaither Vocal Band
- Garms Family from Braham, MN
- Jason Crabb
- Knox Brothers
- New Jerusalem Singers from Springfield, IL (hat tip, Cindy S)
- Atonement Quartet from Westfield, IN (piano / bass / drums)
- Bowlings (piano / drums / on select songs, bass)
- Collingsworth (but only in a sense, since there are generally only three going simultaneously on some of the instrumentals)
- Diplomats (piano / bass / drums)
- Dixie Echoes (piano / bass / on select songs, guitar)
- Edwards Family from Spruce Pine, NC (piano / bass / guitar)
- Inspirations (piano / bass / utility player)
- Jeff & Sheri Easter
- Kingdom Heirs (piano / bass / drums)
- Singing Cookes (piano / bass / drums)
Of course, there also bluegrass bands like Dailey & Vincent, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, the Isaacs, and the Primitive Quartet; these naturally have four or move live instrumentalists.
For these lists, I’m not particularly concerned whether a group is national, regional, or local. What other Southern Gospel groups have great live bands?