Saturday News Roundup #175
- Congratulations are in order to Collingsworth Family lead singer Phillip Collingsworth Jr., who got engaged last night to Sharlenae Dotson. UPDATE, 8 PM: The wedding is scheduled in one year, for June 2014.
- Previous Dixie Echoes tenor Craig Thomas was in a car accident Thursday morning and suffered a severe concussion.
- Tracy Stuffle Stroke Recovery Update: Earlier this week, his white cell blood count indicated an infection. The immediate concern was that it may be a brain or shunt infection. After that was ruled out, a CT scan showed that there was either an infection or a mass at the top of his stomach. A colonscopy was held Thursday; it was determined that the masses were only minor polyps, which the doctors were able to remove.
- UPDATE, 6/9/13: Libbi Perry Stuffle posts: “Tracy has been put back in ICU from complications of colonoscopy. He has been passing blood for the past 48 hrs. The GI Dr is gonna be doing another colonoscopy in his ICU room within the next hour to see what the problem is and to see if it’s fixable. He’s lost a fair amount of blood, but is not needing blood at this moment. Of course Tracy’s blood pressure is high and it really needs to come down. I will update as soon as I know something! Still trusting God that He’s working all things for our good!!! NOT giving up nor giving in!!!”
- UPDATE, 6/10/13: Libbi posted: “Ok here’s the verdict…..hemorrhoids! CRAZY I know, but that’s what the GI doctor told me. I couldn’t believe it!! I didn’t know they could bleed that much with clots. He hasn’t bled since 5pm and if he doesn’t by tomorrow they will move him to a reg room. They also have him on cardene drip for his blood pressure. His heart rate is elevated also. So much excitement for him!! Please pray for all of this to return to normal the way God intended it to be!!! You know I am gonna have to use more hair color to cover all the grey that I have archived from the past 4 and half months! But, once we get past these hurdles it will be worth it!”
- UPDATE, 6/11/13: Libbi posted: “Tracy was moved to a regular room last night about 8pm. He’s done well with not having any bleeding other than some old blood. I woke up at 3:30am this morning to the sounds of him struggling to breathe. He sounded full. I suctioned him really good and got him calmed back down. His heart rate went down also after that. They came in and did a chest X-ray and he has pneumonia in the upper left lobe of his left lung. So now with already having it in the lower part of both lungs now this. So they started him on another antibiotic. He had the pneumonia vaccine shot last week, but not sure it’s helping. Please pray for him. His body is just worn out from all of the stuff it’s went thru.”
- UPDATE, 6/12/13: Libbi posted: “What a difference a day makes! Tracy had a mucus plug yesterday while I was gone to auditions. My mother in love called me and said his oxygen stat fell to the 40s. 5 or 6 people were working on him trying to get his stat back up. About the same time we had about 30 something people who decided before the auditions started that they wanted to pray for Tracy. So JK and I stood in for him and you talk about praying!!!! It was on!!!! Little did we know what was happening back at the hospital! The respiratory therapist finally got him cleared out and settled back down. Since then he’s done good! He had a pretty restful night and been resting good this morning. I think they’ve finally got his blood pressure Meds where they need to be because his blood pressure has been incredible the past 24 hrs. Heart rate has been sooo much better! Dr said if all his blood work comes back in the morning good, he may get to head back to rehab tomorrow. Dr he’s had this week has been really good and on top of everything.”
Lee Black, writer of countless recent Southern Gospel hits, posted this video of his rendition of a new song he co-wrote:
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!