Updates to the Singing News #1 Analysis Posts
Earlier this week, I updated the posts analyzing Singing News #1 Hits by artist, by writer, and by label (as well as the overall list). Here’s a quick summary of changes:
- Label Analysis: There were no position changes. Crossroads picked up two #1 hits since the last update, while Daywind picked up one.
- Artist Analysis: There was only one #1 by a group with enough #1s to place on the list: The Kingdom Heirs picked up their eighth #1 hit, breaking the tie with the Inspirations to claim sole possession of the ninth-most #1s by any artist in our genre’s history.
- Songwriter Analysis:
- With her ninth and tenth #1 hits, Dianne Wilkinson moves up into a two-way tie for third place with Ronnie Hinson. Her songs have spent twelve months at #1.
- With his fifth #1 hit, Jerry Salley moves into a 5-way tie at #7
- With her fourth #1 hit, Sue C Smith moves into a 5-way tie at #8
- With his third #1 hit, Matthew Browder makes his debut on the list. The list only tracks writers with three or more #1 hits. Notably, all three of Browder’s #1s have come within less than three years.