Saturday News Roundup #187
- Phil Cross’s doctors have discovered that he has a mass on his right kidney. There is enough of a chance that it is cancer (85%) that they are skipping a biopsy and scheduling surgery in October to remove it. Prayer is requested!
- Jack Laws passed away on Tuesday; his funeral is tomorrow. Here is a detailed obituary with funeral plans.
- DISH is launching a 24/7 all-Gaither channel on Monday, September 16. It will be available on DISH Channel 255.
- Mercy’s Well lead singer Kyle King is leaving in mid-September and will be replaced by Dustin Simmons.
- Michael W. Smith announced that Jason Crabb will be joining him as a special guest for selected dates of the final leg of his “Worship Around the World” tour. It will be the first time the two have toured together.
- In a Musicscribe interview, McCray Dove confirmed that, as had been hinted on Facebook, David Cable was the new Dove Brothers bass singer.
- UPDATE, 9/2/13, 11 AM: Over the weekend, Libbi Perry Stuffle posted an update on her husband Tracy Stuffle’s stroke recovery: “Been a quiet few days. Tracy had a little bit of depression after going back to rehab on Monday evening. For about three days he wouldn’t do any of his therapy. I think he felt weaker and knew all the pneumonia stuff has set him back about 2 to 3 weeks. We have all talked to him and encouraged him that he is gonna get better. Friday, he had a great day. Did pretty much everything he was ask to. So, I think he’s beginning to pull out of it. Dr said this was all normal.”
- UPDATE, 9/4: Last night, Libbi posted: “Pretty good day with exception of Tracy having a absent mild seizure. He’s been fine since. Praise God! They had cut his med half at hospital but had to up it a little after today. We napped this evening and then spent rest of evening talking! Love it!”
Gene McDonald has become our genre’s de facto bass who is called up when a trio wants to make a special appearance as a quartet. With performances like this one, nobody is wondering why!
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!