NQC Posts 2009 Schedule
The National Quartet Convention has posted their 2009 schedule here. [EDIT, 11/8/10: The link is broken and has been removed.] I’m delighted to see that four of the groups I named in this post as deserving to be on the mainstage made it on, including my # 1, 2, and 4. [EDIT, 11/8/10: The link is broken and has been removed.]
- The Blackwood Brothers are on the Monday schedule.
- The Chuck Wagon Gang is back, on Tuesday. (I seem to think the Roarks might also be new.)
- The Collingsworth Family is on on Wednesday and Saturday, which I guess means they’ll be staying for the week.
- Ricky Atkinson & Compassion is on on Thursday. If they’ve managed to keep Gene McDonald at bass (no word from that camp lately) that will be one set definitely worth catching.
- The Couriers are on the Friday schedule. I’m thinking this might mean the current group (which, oddly enough, seems to be a duo, at least for now), but it would be interesting if it was Dave, Duane, and Neil.
- The Gaither Vocal Band and Signature Sound are back, on Friday.
- The Diplomats have a set on Friday evening.
- The Hunters are added to the Saturday schedule. Was this the group that did a highly praised morning devotions hour with the Hoppers a few years back?
The bigger news is often who’s not there. No Mike & Kelly Bowling, Crabb Revival, Ball Brothers, Crossway, Browns, or Imperials. The Dixie Melody Boys are still there, but are cut to one set (perhaps till they establish a more predictable lineup.) It seems as though the NQC is generally taking a more traditional slant this year, and that’s quite fine by me. Perhaps they’ve found out that’s what the fans want.