Groups that Stood the Test of Time: 1990s
Today, we wrap up the four-part series we started on Monday. Which groups’ recordings from the 1990s stand up best to the test of time?
As before, I’ll start things off with a list. Just for fun, if you like, indicate in your list how many recordings you have by that group from that decade.
These choices need less explanation, since this is more recent history than the last three posts.
- Cathedral Quartet (15 recordings—10 w/o compilations).
- Gold City (5 recordings). Gold City started the decade with one of their two best lineups and finished it with the other.
- Greater Vision (10 recordings).
- Hoppers (2 recordings plus a compliation).
- Kingsmen (11 recordings). Though past their peak years, the Kingsmen still put out a great live show through the ’90s, and released several solid live projects this decade.
- Gaither Vocal Band (3 recordings plus a compilation).
- Bishops (5 recordings).
- Dove Brothers (2 recordings).
- Kingdom Heirs (4 recordings).
- Inspirations (1 recordings).