Saturday News Roundup #34
- Earlier this week, Dove Brothers’ pianist Jerry Kelso’s 22-year-old son Brandon was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Wet road conditions were believed to contribute to the accident. Funeral arrangements are pending and the Dove Brothers will be posting additional information on their website. UPDATE: From the Dove Brothers’ newsletter: Sunday visitation will be at Kerr Funeral Home in Lexington, KY from 3pm – 7pm. Monday visitation will be at Gross Funeral Home in Arden, North Carolina from 5pm – 8pm. Tuesday funeral will be at Gross Funeral Home in Arden, North Carolina at 2pm. The gravesite service will be held at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Candler, North Carolina immediately following the funeral service.
- Songwriter Jerry Salley’s father, Jerry D. Salley, Sr., passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. The viewing will be at the Ware Funeral Home in Chillicothe, Ohio, from 6-8 Monday evening, and the funeral will be at 1 PM on Tuesday. Chillicothe is the family home town, though Salley had moved to Hendersonville, Tennessee during the last part of his life.
- David Bruce Murray’s account of a day in the studio with the Dove Brothers. [EDIT, 6/6/12: Broken link removed.]
- Wes Burke’s post on groups that need a career-making song.
- April 10 – Story of a Lifetime (Dills)
- April 17 – 09 (Booth Brothers)
- April 24 – Classic CD – Mountain Praise (Isaacs)
- May 1 – Classic CD – Love’s Sweet Story (Poet Voices)
- May 8 – Worth It (Brian Free & Assurance)
- May 22 – Classic CD – Pilgrim Song (Poet Voices)
Consider the comments section to be an open thread. Discuss whatever Southern Gospel-related topics you have on your mind (within the grounds of propriety of course).