Concert Review: The Perrys (live, online)
For those of you who happen to notice this within the next hour or so, you can catch a Perrys concert being streamed live here.
Tip: Right click, select zoom, and select full screen. At least on my Vista desktop, it works.
Here’s a set list being updated live:
- I Love to Tell, featuring Tracy Stuffle. The Perrys brought back this classic quartet song on their new CD, Almost Morning. It’s a great concert opener.
- I Know it Was The Blood. This started off their last album, Look No Further, and they had been using it as a concert opener for a while.
- He Will Hide Me, featuring new baritone Troy Peach. Peach was solid on this Perrys classic.
- Did I Mention, featuring Libbi Stuffle. This has been such a showstopper for them that I’m a little surprised they’re pulling it out this early. (Update) I’m still surprised. The Spirit is definitely moving, and the altar is definitely full. Other than encoring this song all evening, how can follow this?
- If You Knew Him, featuring Joseph Habedank. (Comment 1) Tracy is making the right call transitioning to this song, certainly the only song from their new project that could follow “Did I Mention.” He’s taking his time setting this song up, which is probably the only way to transition. (Comment 2) Joseph is hitting a home run. (Comment 3) Looks like it was a short concert! There’s going to be a sermon and then perhaps another song or two at the invitation. No wonder they sang those two at the end.
After the sermon:
- I Surrender All. Piano and vocals—simple but powerful.
- Did I Mention. Again powerful, a power ending.