Saturday News Roundup #39
In the news / worth reading:
- The Collingsworth Family announced that they will be releasing a new studio CD, The Answer, on August 15. The project, produced by Wayne Haun, will be their first studio project in over two years. Songwriters with cuts on the project include Chris Allman, Dianne Wilkinson, Kyla Rowland, Gerald Crabb, Darryl Williams, and Marty Funderburk. Phil Collingsworth will also have a song on the project; if I’m not mistaken, this is the first time (at least since the group has started on the professional Southern Gospel circuit) that they cut one of his songs. There are fourteen songs on the project, including two instrumentals.
- Wes Hampton posts his thoughts about the Gaither Vocal Band video taping in San Antonio earlier this week. [EDIT, 11/8/10: The link appears to be down, and has been removed.]
- Dan Keeton announced that his disbanded group, the Dan Keeton Quartet, is “re-banding for a three day weekend we will not soon remember.” Could he have meant “not soon forget”? At any rate, they will be doing three concert dates in Georgia this weekend.
- July 27: This Must Be Glory (Shiloh Mountain Trio)
- July 31: Louisville Live (Booth Brothers)
- August 3: Pickin’ Praisin’ Singin’: Songs From the Mountain (Cody Shuler and the Pine Mountain Railroad)
- August 7: Classic DVD Review: Celebrating 50 Years (Melody Boys Quartet)
- August 10: Classic CD Review: One Nation Over God (Dave, Duane and Neil)
- August 14: Hold On (Dove Brothers)