Saturday News Roundup #56
In the news:
- Tracy Stuffle made it safely through open heart surgery yesterday; further updates will be at his Caring Bridge page, here.
- George Amon Webster has been released from the hospital. His arm is healing well, but he needs to be off his hip for four to six more weeks. He has been diagnosed with cancerous lesions on the back of his tongue, in his throat, and on his neck, and is in need of cataract surgery before the doctors will operate on the cancer.
- The Browns have signed with The Mansion Entertainment’s Manor House Music. This is the division headed up by former Cathedrals member Bill Dykes. The release date for their first Mansion project has yet to be announced.
- Mike Holcomb’s 80-year-old mother, Piccola Holcomb, passed away on Wednesday morning.
- Worth reading: A detailed look at the human side of the songwriter royalty collection process.
Humor for the day: I always love misplaced modifiers, and this one, from the liner notes to Gordon Mote’s extremely rare first LP, is a classic: “Although blind from birth, God has blessed Gordon and Michael with a unique talent.” Oops! A copy of the LP is for sale here. [EDIT, 2/21/13. Broken link removed.]