Guest Post: Seven Ways to Know That You’re Obsessed With Reading SG Blogs
This is a guest post from NewSoGoFan.
Recently I’ve had to overcome a certain amount of “SG blog reading mania,” as it was becoming a huge drain on my time. Nevertheless, I hope to turn my temporary mania to the good by providing some help for readers who may be on the brink of entering such a state themselves. So without further ado, I present the seven deadly signs of obsession.
You know you’re obsessed with reading Southern Gospel blogs when…
1. You rush to your computer the moment you wake up in the morning to check for updates on Southern Gospel Blog, Musicscribe, Burke’s Brainwork, etc. before having breakfast or even hydrating yourself.
2. If possible, you check each of those blogs again at least three more times throughout the day. If you’re at work and close to or working on a computer, you sneak peeks when the boss isn’t looking—or when you just think you deserve a break.
3. You read every single comment. And I mean Every. Single. Comment.
4. You become so involved in passionate debates with your fellow commentators over the relative merits/demerits of Michael English and Brian Free that you start to think more about them than about your own immediate life issues.
5. You spend large amounts of spare time browsing the archives of all your favorite Southern Gospel blogs because you can’t think of anything better to do with your time.
6. You crave Southern Gospel blogs to such a wild extent that you read your least favorite blog as well as your favorite blogs—even read comments on your least favorite blog. Daily. This is around the time when you need to get some psychiatric help, because the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice while expecting a different result.
7. You stay up late when you could be in bed sleeping, hunched over your computer, combing through the Southern Gospel blogosphere just one more time to make sure you catch any late-night comments.