Saturday News Roundup #16
Just for fun, I decided to count how many news roundup posts I’ve done. I’ve done 15 to date, so that makes this one #16. Here are some of the stories that I didn’t get to over the week:
- Legacy Five baritone Scott Howard had an emergency appendectomy a day or two ago, while Legacy Five was on their Hawaiian cruise. The surgery went without complications and he is on the mend.
- The Prophets Quartet announced the release of their (re)debut project, I’ll Follow. It includes a song I wrote, “One Thing the Father Forgets,” featuring bass singer Mike Allen. This is the first time a Southern Gospel group has recorded one of my songs. (While I write most of my songs solo, this one I co-wrote with Prophets lead singer Paul Jackson.) [EDIT, 2/22/13: Broken link removed.]
- Greater Vision tenor Jacob Kitson’s brother-in-law, Dave Mann, has joined Eighth Day, a mixed trio. [EDIT, 11/8/10: The link is broken and has been removed.] Kitson and Mann previously performed together in The Kitsons, a regional (Michigan) Southern Gospel group.
- Vine Records will be releasing the final project by Naomi and the Segos, Happy Ending, on June 24. [EDIT, 2/22/13: Broken link removed.]
- The Collingsworth Family will be featured on Daniel Britt & Friends next week. The program will air on XM Satellite Radio’s enLighten 34 at 7 PM ET Monday, 10 PM ET Thursday, and 12 Noon ET Saturday.