- The Gospel Music Association is promoting the April 19th Dove Awards show by offering a free download sampler of several nominated songs, here. (The version I downloaded included Brian Free & Assurance’s song “Never Walk Alone.” I don’t know if different readers get different songs.) Their publicist also compiled a Spotify playlist of the Southern Gospel nominees for SouthernGospelBlog.com readers, here.
- Daywind distributed a press release yesterday announcing that Rick Shelton has been named Vice-President of Daywind Music Publishing. They have also hired Stephen Duncan as Creative Director; Duncan will focus on expanding Daywind Music Publishing’s role into Praise & Worship, Adult Contemporary, and Christian hit radio.
- The Crist Family has launched a polls feature on their website. They plan to offer a mixture of light-hearted and more serious poll questions. The first one is definitely light-hearted, asking what color alto singer Breana Crist should dye her hair in her upcoming wedding!
- Signature Sound will return to sing the National Anthem at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AdvoCare 500 night race on Sunday, Sept. 2. [EDIT, 6/18/12: Broken link removed.] The press release quotes Haase as saying: “Doug, Ian, Devin and I are so excited to be coming back to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the third year running.” Pianist Wayne Haun, who has provided a fifth vocal, was not named; it’s not clear whether they will be doing a four-voice arrangement. (Hat tip, Josh.)
- Check out new Southern Gospel blogger The View from The Pew.
- R.C. Sproul Jr. offers a thought-provoking take on whether Christians should love this country.
- Dan Wallace asks if we should love the Muslims as our neighbors—even the ones who want to kill us. He reminds us that Jesus loved those who sought to kill (and did kill) Him.
Tribute Quartet has launched a new section to their website, Tribute TV, with several behind-the-scenes videos. Check them out here! [EDIT, 2/22/13: Broken link removed.]
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!Read More