- 11th Hour soprano Candice Jordan has announced her engagement to Daniel Rogers, and that she will leave 11th Hour to work alongside her future husband in youth ministry. “I always knew from the beginning God had a special hold on Candice,” manager/alto Amber Eppinette said. “She has been with me from 11th Hour’s beginning and has been and will always be my best friend. It has been a honor to have watched her grow in the Lord and in her talent. Candice has one of the best, most innocent, anointed voices around and it’s been Mine and the group’s pleasure to share the stage with her over the past 6 and a half years. It’s hard to watch her go but I know God has placed Candice and Daniel together and I am excited to see the blessings from the youth ministry God has placed them. Pray for them and pray for 11th Hour as we seek a replacement for Candice.” Jordan was the lead vocalist on the group’s recent chart-topping hit “Room With a View.”
- Wayne Wallace, who hosted “The Dixie Gospel Caravan” for WDJC / WXJC for forty-five consecutive years, passed away.
- Riley and Megan Clark are expecting their first child. Riley sings tenor with Tribute Quartet.
- Aaron and Leslie (Taylor) Perkins are expecting their first child. Leslie sings with her family group, The Taylors.
- Amber Nelon Thompson is now engaged to longtime boyfriend John Risk.
- In Tracy Stuffle’s ongoing stroke recovery, he was able to stand this week, with the help of a frame. It was the first time in some time that he was able to stand up.
- An off topic link, though somewhat related to church music: What the Hijabi Witnessed (and What She Didn’t). Like the churches of most readers, mine is not liturgical. I’ll admit that, like the story’s author, I have had a somewhat dim view of liturgical services. So this story was quite thought-provoking.
The Cathedrals sing the other “Going Home”:
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!Read More